Enrollment Advisor/Cybersecurity Education Specialist
Mission Critical Institute - Remote$20 - $25 an hour - Part-time, Contract
Nationwide over 238,000 new cybersecurity positions opened in 2015 and many more are forecast through 2020. As a result, employers report a growing shortage of job-ready cybersecurity professionals. Furthermore, a recent study indicates universities have not offered programs, which can address this shortage. Mission Critical Institute (MCI) partners with regionally accredited universities to offer employers a reliable pipeline of cybersecurity job ready talent. Due to strong business needs and growth, MCI seeks additional Cybersecurity Education Specialist/Enrollment Advisor to recruit and recommend qualified candidates to its partner Universities and assist students through the application to enrollment process.
The Cybersecurity Education Specialist/Enrollment Advisor independent contractor position is a part-time (20-25 hours per week), remote position for a passionate, highly motivated, self-disciplined, consultative sales and customer service professional who can assess and motivate qualified candidates to apply for acceptance in the unique, online cybersecurity Graduate programs offered by Universities partnering with Mission Critical Institute and coaching the student to graduation. The Cybersecurity Education Specialist works remotely via email, phone and virtual meetings, with candidates who have requested information in regards to cybersecurity career education and certification opportunities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides excellent customer service to students through application and enrollment process.
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and explain admission requirements, delivery methods, and course structure in order to successfully meet/exceed enrollment targets.
- Handles appointments, interviews and applications in a professional and timely manner
- Sell the program's benefits to potential students by completing a full needs analysis, which includes qualifying that student meets the application criteria for admissions and handling the prospective students' objections.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the CRM database with full and proper documentation.
- Take ownership of and meet enrollment and retention targets both as an individual and team.
- Participate in and provide feedback to other team members and to your manager to address sales tactics, best practices and strategies.
- Work with partner institution to monitor student performance, analyzes problem areas, determines solutions and conducts intervention activities and processes.
- Guide and monitor student progress regarding issues such as student orientation, course selection and registration, course materials, billing and navigating the online courses.
- Provide high touch support to students.
- Communicate course information and required course materials to students to ensure preparedness well in advance of course start dates.
- Evaluate student’s abilities, interests and personality characteristics in order to provide regular guidance and support activities.
- Completes all tasks as defined in the timelines assigned.
- Proactively contact students by telephone and email to build and maintain relationships for retention purposes.
- Advise students on university policies as necessary (registration, withdrawal, course materials, financial aid, etc.).
- Follow up with students that contact other departments to insure resolution of issueIdentify and respond to student at-risk behaviors by offering additional support and counseling.
- Meet or exceed student retention program metrics each term.Implement re-entry initiatives to bring inactive students back into the program.
- Collaborate with University offices including academic departments, admissions, financial aid, student accounts, and registrar.
- Provide quality and professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work various shifts to accommodate inquiries in various time zones. The earliest shift begins at 9:00am and the latest shift can conclude at 10:00pm EST. Weekend hours are required.
- Weekly schedules must be set and coordinated amongst Counselors to maximize coverage.
- Embrace lifelong learning and pursue self-improvement actively and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years’ sales and customer service experience (in an outbound calling environment preferred)
- Previous experience in online higher education and/or college admissions and recruitment preferred, but not required
- Able to work with people from a variety of diverse social and economic backgrounds
- Must be goal oriented, results driven, energetic, and ethical
- Ability to work well within a team as well as independently
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong ability to overcome objections and concerns
- Possess exceptional time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software (i.e. Salesforce, Softphone, etc.) is a plus, but not required
- Computer skills to include: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as business needs dictate
- Personal Computer with Windows Operating System
- Reliable Internet Service with a Backup Plan (for possible disruption in service)
- Microsoft Office to include: Work, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Employee Status : This is a part-time 1099 Independent Contractor Position
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Sales: 2 years
- Customer Service: 2 years