Come roll up your sleeves and level up the Accounting experience at Esalen.
At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to do your personal and collective work.
We stand for supporting you to realize your potential.
This role is a key position in the Esalen Accounting department. As a part time Accounting Clerk you are responsible for supporting all aspects of accounts payable processing and related accounting functions. This position works out of our Carmel Center office and reports to the Director of Financial Services.
- Overall clerical/entry level accounting support
- Maintain and update accounting files
- Set up AP filing systems
- Organize and archive older accounting files
- Assist with audit preparation
- Provide set up support of the purchase order process
- Data entry on accounting worksheets
- 15-20 hours per week on a regular basis
- Flexible hours that can easily fit around a college student’s class schedule
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Esalen standards.
- Complete other projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
Entry level accounting position. Accounting focus preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Able to multitask
- Able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity
- Able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
- Able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and be able perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. Esalen provides staff with access to an extensive range of educational and community benefits, including movement classes, ongoing in-house programs, and discounts and scholarship for workshops, bodywork, and other Esalen services.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.