Challenge Every Day… Our award-winning Customer Care organization delivers phone support to millions of customers, deepening relationships while efficiently finding creative solutions to meet customers’ needs. Working as a Part Time Virtual Customer Care Professional, you can build a career, delivering on our brand promise and providing world-class service to our customers, while we support you with first-class training, schedule flexibility and progressive opportunities to grow.
Join a global brand recognized as a Top 100 Remote Work Company (FlexJobs) and an eight-time Customer Service Award Winner (JD Powers)—it all starts here. American Express Customer Care Professionals serve as the voice of our brand by delivering extraordinary customer care through relationship building. Our unique servicing philosophy, Relationship Care®, puts your passion to serve – and your personality – at the center of every customer interaction, creating an opportunity to deliver value to our customers while deepening relationships with our company.
What you’ll be Doing
- Working 20-29 hours per week, answering incoming calls in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to consistently work a minimum of 8 hours on at least one weekend day (day to be chosen by business)
- Post training schedules are not guaranteed to have consecutive days off
- Subsequent schedule changes are based on performance and business needs
- Addressing general and account-specific customer inquiries; providing clear and concise information and updating customer account information, as needed
- Delivering extraordinary service by following our Relationship Care®philosophy: tailoring unique solutions for each customer, reinforcing the benefits of card membership, providing relevant offers that deepen customer engagement and result in measurable value for our card members
- Using tools and resources to identify creative solutions and anticipate customer needs, in our commitment to maintain a first point of contact resolution
- Meeting performance goals that include, but are not limited to, customer survey results, average call handle time, schedule adherence, quality and Compliance standards
- Successfully completing a 6-week on-the-job training course; 100% attendance required during the training period; training schedule dependent on shift selected at offer
What’s in it for you
- Competitive starting pay
- Monthly performance-based incentives, over and above your base pay
- Flexible, non-traditional schedules available
- Generous benefits package after 90 days of employment: tuition assistance, retirement programs and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Paid training, to be completed from your home office on company-provided equipment
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Are you a Fit? Do you…
- Have a track record of proven success in a customer service or sales environment?
- Understand the importance of managing sensitive card member information with integrity?
- Ensure consistent high standards of service are achieved with quality and use of sound decision making to deepen relationships with customers?
- Possess passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening and consultative relationship building and resourcefulness?
- Commit to implementing feedback as a means to achieving individual and team performance goals?
- Have the resilience needed to efficiently manage a steady stream of customer calls, while balancing performance to meet a variety of metrics?
- Have a passion for consultative sales, recommending products or solutions tailored to each customer?
- Have the technical savvy to multi-task and navigate through multiple Windows-based applications with speed and accuracy?
- Value timeliness and reliability, as it is imperative you are at work on time and adhere to your schedule each day?
Business unit hours of operation are from 6:00am-1:00am EST, 365 days per year including US holidays. Post training shifts will include at least 1 weekend day, the shifts we are currently hiring for will range from 10:00 am-1:00am EST.
American Express will cover the connection cost and monthly fees for dedicated telephone and Internet service from an American Express approved provider in your area. The requirements are as follows:
- Dedicated and separate high-speed Internet with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- Mediacom is not an approved Internet Service Provider (ISP) – in areas where Mediacom is an option, you will need to use an alternate ISP for this role
- Dedicated and separate analogue landline phone (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol) for training and production calls. (e.g., Magic Jack, Vonage, etc.) Phone modem preferred (vs. a wall jack), where available.
In the event there is no American Express-approved provider in your area, but there is a provider that can offers the appropriate cable or DSL connections, American Express would also make available a one-time reimbursement of up to $100 for any set up fees you incur with your provider. You would also receive a monthly allowance on the first paycheck of each month to help cover the costs of these services. You will be required to locate a provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections.
- A secure home office free from background noise or other distractions
- Residence in one of 47 states where we currently hire (all U.S. states, with the exceptions of California, Alaska and Hawaii)