The genetic counseling team at Counsyl helps thousands of patients a year understand the results of their Counsyl screening results. We provide scheduled consults and on-demand consults by phone for all three products (Foresight, Reliant, and Prelude).
What You'll Do
- Help patients make sense of the results of high throughput genomics
- Perform phone-based genetic counseling sessions for our on-demand and scheduled consult service from a home-based office
- On-Demand hours: Defined schedule (~10 hours per week) - currently hiring for someone to cover the following shifts:
- Mondays, 6:30am - 10:30am PST
- Tuesdays, 11:00am - 1:30pm PST
- Fridays, 7:30am - 11:00am PST
- Additional flexible hours (~9 hours per week) will also be available in the scheduled consult service
- Document consults in professionally written consult summaries
- Apply for and maintain licensure in all required States
- You are an ABGC-certified genetic counselor with greater than 5 years clinical experience in cancer and reproductive genetics
- Computer savvy: Though not a programmer, you have above average IT skills
- You are that rare kind of person who has a way with both people and probabilities
- You can self-motivate and work well independently
- You are passionate about Counsyl’s mission
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Counsyl does not accept unsolicited resumes. Further, any resumes submitted to us without a signed contract will become the property of Counsyl, Inc.
Counsyl, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Counsyl is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Counsyl are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Counsyl will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Counsyl encourages applicants of all ages.